Medical Grade Chemical Peels
As one of the most in-demand skin care treatments in Australia medical grade chemical peels represent an investment in your appearance.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical face peel removes the top layer of skin in order to refresh a woman’s complexion, providing her with radiant, glowing skin. The powerful acid-based solution in a professional chemical peel strips away layers of skin, eliminating old, damaged cells and promoting collagen production in the process.
As the skin heals, there is a dramatic visible reduction in:
- Uneven pigmentation / hyperpigmentation / discolouration
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Crow’s feet
- Sagging skin
- Skin thinning
- Sun spots / liver spots / age spots
- Acne scarring
Is a Chemical Peel for me?
Patients for any aesthetic treatment at Eve On 21, including chemical peels for skin rejuvenation, should be in good general health and have realistic expectations about how a chemical peel can improve their complexion.
Beyond that, the treatment generally works best on light-haired and fair-skinned people rather than on individuals with a darker skin tone.
A chemical peel for skin rejuvenation may not be appropriate for your skin if you:
- Have taken certain medication in the last six months
- Have used skin-bleaching products within 48 hours
- Are nursing or pregnant
- Have acne, psoriasis, rosacea, or eczema in an active state
- Have broken skin
- Have sunburn
- Have active herpes simplex virus
Are there different levels of Chemical Peels?
Not all chemical peels are a one-size-fits-all treatment. At your consultation, we take a detailed medical history and ask specific questions about your lifestyle to get a genuine view of who you are.
Peels come in three strengths:
- Superficial peels – no damage below the epidermis, the most superficial skin layer.
- Medium peels – reach the superficial layer of the dermis, the second layer of the skin.
- Deep peels – generally reach deeper layers of the dermis.
Dermatologists favour chemical peels because they are easy to use and deliver marvellous benefits. For those with sensitive skin, there are levels of chemical peels that are gentle enough for you.
At Eve On 21 our skin care experts are highly skilled and meticulously trained, ensuring a successful chemical peel to rejuvenate a woman’s complexion.