IPL Skin Rejuvenation
At Eve On 21 we recognise that a beautiful complexion can provide a woman with a glow of confidence. Allow our professional team to conduct a detailed assessment of your skin, customising a treatment specific to you.
What is IPL Skin Rejuvenation?
Intense Pulsed Light Skin Rejuvenation (IPL) is a skin rejuvenation treatment that refreshes skin damage. It uses intense light pulses on the targeted area to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation, scars and loss of skin tone.
Who benefits from IPL Skin Rejuvenation?
IPL Skin Rejuvenation is a quick cosmetic procedure with minimal time for recovery. Depending on your skin condition, IPL can solve it.
- Broken capillaries
- Age spots
- Scarring including acne scarring
- Overall skin texture and quality
- Rosacea, hyperpigmentation, melasma, etc.
IPL can offer long-lasting results in comparison to other procedures. Results can be seen from a single treatment.
What is involved in an IPL procedure?
During an IPL procedure, intense light from the device, which is gently pressed onto the skin, is focused on the specific parts of your skin that require treatment.
This light helps to promote collagen growth, while the targeted tissue that has been damaged is naturally removed by the body. Depending on what is being treated, the exact wavelength range can be adjusted to optimise results.
For your protection, an eye mask needs to be worn to protect your eyes and vision during the procedure. In addition, topical gels may be applied on your skin to prevent overheating. No anesthetic is needed for IPL treatments.
The entire procedure can about half an hour to complete, although the exact length will depend on what you need treated. A short recovery and observation period at Eve On 21 is required before being allowed to go home.
What can I expect after an IPL session?
IPL is a very effective procedure, but it does not guarantee results for all people of various skin types. Some things to consider:
- Dark or tan skin may show less results than fare or pale complexions.
- IPL treatment could be uncomfortable for some – similar to a slight burning sensation.
- There is the possibility of blistering or scabs after the procedure.
- After treatment, you need to avoid direct or prolonged sun exposure. In addition, contact with hot water or steam is advised.
- Multiple treatments may be needed and spaced evenly apart. The process may take some time to complete and achieve the results you are seeking.